builder floors: 7 things to check if your builder floor apartment is truly spacious!
Homebuyers in India are seeking increasingly more spaces, and builder floors are an excellent option to get a sense of exclusivity that comes with spaciousness.
Builder floors offer the best of both worlds- the spacious feel of an independent villa, plus, the utility of a regular apartment. Builder floor in a city like Hyderabad could cost anything between Rs 1.5 crore to 2.5 crores for a 2000 plus square feel the exclusive floor. These come in a 5storey building built on small residential plots in well-established localities like Kukatpally, Jubilee Hills, Sainikpuri, Yapral, and so on. With a builder floor, you own the entire floor.
In the post-COVID era, we need to make sure that if we are buying a builder floor, it needs to feel spacious. A sense of openness, connectedness, and a welcoming home are what home buyers seek!
Ways to check for ‘spaciousness’ in builder floors
With clarity of owning a larger home, especially a builder floor, we need to check on the builders’ floor plans and architectural design elements.
The builder floor we choose must truly seem MORE SPACIOUS– by having real designs, and designs that create an illusion of more space. Basically, the feel of spaciousness is all about great design! For example, if you buy a 2200 sft builder floor, you should actually feel like it is much bigger than how it appears!!
The average home size of builder floors in Hyderabad, for instance, is approximately 2200 sft.
Spaciousness is much more than just a square foot area. Even while buying a home, a few elements give you an indication of ‘how spacious’ your builder’s floor will actually feel. These factors and elements are-
1. Ceiling height
- Vertical heights make a lot of difference
- Ceilings beyond 9 feet are great
- High ceiling heights give an open feel to a home
- Walking through each room with a more ceiling height makes it seem them seem larger
- A tall height ceiling inside your builder floor makes it seem huge
2. Spacious and exclusive corridor
- The moment you step out of your elevator, a spacious 5 or 6 feet wide corridor leading to your entrance door makes it seem terrific in spaciousness
- It also gives you extra space to walk or take a break while at home, since you own the entire floor
- You get added space to play, sit and even enjoy various festivities
3. Connectedness- interior and exterior
- The more connected your interior rooms like living, family or open kitchen, the better you feel in spaciousness
- A connected and free-flowing home with lesser walls reduces interruption to make your builder floor seem bigger
- Big and open spaces make a home feel a lot larger
- Interior that connects and flows into the exteriors without restrictions gives an amazing feeling of spaciousness
- Also, when there is continuity of construction material used- especially for walls, ceilings, and floors- both inside and outside- you get a spacious bigger feel
- Interior spaces connecting with the exteriors have the effect of making small legroom feel much more. The bigger the legroom for you to walk around, the more luxurious it seems
4. Smart architectural design
- A break-away from traditional dining or living room, a breakaway to avoid dark and narrow spaces helps create a camouflage of spaciousness
- Added room for work, play and study are a welcome change
- A separate and big utility to cater to storage and laundry needs give a great sense of spaciousness to a builder floor
- A balcony works like a getaway space within builder floors
- A balcony or open space adjoining bedrooms is a great sitting area, for workouts etc
- Large sized bedrooms can accommodate office space
- A table partition between your open-kitchen and other rooms allows for space to plan for multiple things in the house
- Separate areas of storage or wall-hangings along the corridors or side-walls to keep keys, shoes, hats, bags, other seasonal belongings also make the home both functional and spacious
5. Flexibility of rooms to perform multiple functions
- Flexible rooms create space allows a builder floor buyer to use a room in multiple ways. For example- a living room could be used for multiple things including study, workout, entertain guests etc.
- A builder floor design should allow you to have rooms that can perform ‘multiple duties’
- For example, a guest room could double-up to be a home office. A separate television room could also double-up as a children’s playroom
- With proper planning, one room could be used to perform multiple tasks such as be a workspace, a playroom and a sleeping room
6. Bigger, taller windows and right furniture
- A lot depends on keeping the right kind of furniture that can be folded, dismantled, moved or re-arranged easily. This allows more space to be created when needed
- The builder floor design should be spacious enough to allow that
- Well placed, tall and wide windows create spaciousness since you can invite the outdoors views inside the house giving a feel of spaciousness
- This feel also helps overcome the feeling of being inside a cage
- The taller the windows, and the more you allow natural light and sky-views to be accessible, the more spacious does the builder floor appear
- Extending the indoors to the outdoors adds the much needed natural light into a room
- Strategically place windows allow for optimal and stunning views around your builder floor
- You could be looking at the skyline of your locality, view the lush-green cover ot trees, or other beautiful views around your builder floor building
- This simple makes the rooms feel bigger
- Three-panel sliding glass door, especially in a balcony makes for a more open and spacious feel. This allows people to move freely out to an open area like a balcony
- The ideal combination of windows smartly placed matters in a builder floor!
7. Lighter painting finishes- interior and exterior
- Lighter paint colours and finishes in your builder floor will reflect light to further enhance the effect of having a large room
- Light and pastel shades, especially with whites and light blue open-up spaces in making them seem very spacious
- A well-lit wall or interiors on a white finish makes the whole space seem much bigger and brighter
All these are factors you need to look at while exploring the design element of your builder-floor.
“The circumstances surrounding your birth is not as important as the opportunity to live life.”Lailah Gifty Akita
To know more about “What makes a Rs. 1.5 crore, spacious 3BHK builder floor worthwhile in Sainikpuri location, Hyderabad?”. Click here!