5 tips to finding the right standalone building apartment in Hyderabad!
Buying a home is not an easy decision. Choosing to opt for a ‘standalone building apartment’, as against a gated-community apartment clearly means that you want to pay for ‘what’s inside the house’. Many home buyers are interested in more space, and a better living environment INSIDE OF THE HOUSE, and NOT so much for a ‘host of amenities’ like a swimming pool, gym, parks, spa, etc. In any case, the standalone building apartments do offer all the RELEVANT amenities like parking, lifts, security, common lobbies, and power backup facilities.
Clearly, the COVID pandemic has changed how a typical home buyer in Hyderabad thinks. This is why people are now willing to foray into places (localities in Hyderabad) that are away from prominent employment hubs in and around Gachibowli, Hi-Tech city areas, etc.
Why do home buyers choose a standalone building apartment in Hdyerabad?
Fortunately, Hyderabad has dozens of residential pockets across all 5 zones of GHMC – East, West, North, South, and Central Hyderabad. Luckily for us, all these 5 zones are self-sufficient. Unlike in the 1980s’, we no longer have ONE central location in the city where people would flock for their shopping or other needs. This means that virtually all the relevant social infrastructure is evenly spread out throughout the city of Hyderabad.
This is one of the main reasons why standalone building apartments built on small plot sizes ranging from 400 square yards to approximately 2000 square yards are widely spread out throughout the city. Plus, since the city of Hyderabad is growing, there are NOT many pockets of large land parcels measuring in acres in good localities. This is another reason why standalone building apartments have a strong market in Hyderabad!
The home buyers know that they don’t have to wait for the area to come up or ‘develop’ when they choose a standalone building apartment.
There are two types of configurations available in a standalone building apartment-
- Regular apartment- these normally range from 1000 to 2000 square foot area, and are meant for the value-conscious middle class buyers. The price depends on the locality- for example- while the price in Kondapur, Nallagandla or Gachibowli may be over 6500 per sft. The same apartment in Sainikpuri, Kompally or Yapral could be priced in the range of Rs 4000 to Rs 5000 per sft. These homes are usually in the range of Rs 60 lakh to Rs 1.3 crore price range
- ‘One apartment per floor’ residences- these are bigger, more luxurious homes measuring more than 2000 sft. Meant for those seeking lifestyle and luxury, these units fall in the range of over Rs 1.4 crore and upwards depending on the square foot area and location
The choice of the apartment depends on the home-buyers budget and family priorities.
Let us now explore the 5 tips for choosing the right kind of standalone building apartment.
- Pandemic has inspired many people to move away from the hustle and bustle of city
- While the lure of job-hubs in and around Hi-Tech city and Financial district continues, many home buyers are consciously preferring to be in other locations
- Within a locality, the ‘specific location’ also matters. For instance, if someone chooses to live in Sainikpuri, one can choose to be closer to Sainikpuri main road, or away from it. The standalone building apartments less than 1 km from Sainikpuri main road would normally cost more than those located beyond 3 kms from Sainikpuri main road
- Social infrastructure and proximity to them also are important considerations when we talk of location. The closer you are to schools, work place, health and lifestyle infrastructure etc., the higher is the per square foot price of the standalone building apartment
2. Go for homes that are spacious and efficiently designed
- Remote working and studying from home has become a way of life
- A standalone building offer more space inside the home
- Plus, the need to be efficiently designed is more in these apartment
- One of the reasons why home buyers in Hyderabad are moving away from gated-community apartments is to AVOID IRRELEVNT amenities that you may not use for want of social distancing
- Instead, having a more spacious home to safely occupy is a better deal!
3. Choose a low-population density residential colony
- As a consequence of the post-pandemic awareness and change in lifestyle, a standalone building give the advantage of being located in a colony that is not so crowded
- The well-established colonies like Sainikpuri are full of a massive green cover, and will always remain sparsely populated for a long time to come
- This is an advantage the home-buyers consider very critical for the well-being of their family
4. Choose ‘quality’ and ‘high-end-specifications’ over low-price
- Quality of construction provided by the standalone builder matters! You don’t want a low-quality, substandard building which gets out-of-shape and looses its capital value as time passes by
- Low-price deals that are lucrative must be viewed with scepticism
- The best way to avoid to fall in the lure of low-priced deal is to have the knowledge about what kind of quality-rigour that you want for your dream-home
- The specifications of what’s being offered both inside and outside the home needs to be of ‘high0end specifications’
5. Check for builder reputation and previous projects
- Do check for the past projects delivered by the standalone building builder that are duly approved by RERA or Civic authorities as well as approved for Bank loans
- A glimpse into the previous projects a good perspective and helps your decide whether or not to choose a particular builder
- After all, seeing is believing!
These are some of the tips on choosing the right standalone building apartment, which is turning out to be a wise choice for homebuyers in Hyderabad!
A standalone building is a wise segment to choose as your dream home since it focuses on the ‘good things’ life can offer!
To quote Maxime Lagacé- “Life can be simple and beautiful. Focus on the good things.”
To know more about the “5 simple joys of living in a spacious ‘independent floor’ 3BHK luxury residence!” Click here