An indicative ‘assessment’ guide to check the ‘spacious’ feel of ‘rooms’ in your 3 BHK flat in Hyderabad!
This article is for those who wish to get a sense of how spacious their apartment would feel. There are many home-buyers in Hyderabad and elsewhere who find it hard to assess the differences of different sizes mentioned on the floor plan of a 3 BHK apartment.
It becomes confusing whether or not to pick a bigger or smaller apartment. It’s like buying a bigger or smaller car. If your need is a bigger/spacious SUV, then a mid-sized sedan may NOT be the right choice, although, both may have a seating capacity for 5 passengers.
Confusion regarding ‘size’ of a 3 BHK apartment, and which one to pick
A 3 BHK flat can measure anything between 15400 sft to 2500 sft. Assuming that budget is flexible, you may find it confusing which one to pick.
Sometimes the apartments all seem alike to us, and then we end up considering other criteria like location, quality, or cost. While all the criteria are important while you spend your hard-earned money, knowing HOW SPACIOUS your apartment is also matters! Especially, in a post-pandemic scenario, where the expectations from the spaces in your home are far more than earlier. Now, you have to factor in more preparedness for living and working inside the house than ever before!
Assumptions for ascertaining whether the rooms are ‘Small’, ‘Medium’ or ‘Big’ for a 3 BHK flat in Hyderabad
- We shall go with the carpet area: i.e. the ‘net usable area’ available to you which is usually about 70% of the built-up area. More specifically, we shall delve into what size a room should be to be designated ‘SMALL’, ‘MEDIUM’ or ‘BIG’.
- Assumption- Our home buyer is a middle-class or upper-middle class buying with a budget ranging between Rs 60 lacs to Rs 1.3 Cr for buying an apartment in Hyderabad ranging between 1400 sft to 2200 sft.
- Basis this range, let us arrive at what size approximately would be SMALL, MEDIUM, or BIG.
An indicative SPACE ASSESSMENT GRID:
In the above plan, the rooms can be classified as follows based on our SPACE ASSESSMENT grid-
- This is only an indicative measure, and your requirements and definitions may differ.
- The intent is to tell you that once the furniture is placed inside the house, and you move in with family, the space starts looking a little cramped as compared to when you see the ‘empty flat’ or on ‘paper’
- You can carve out your own criteria, based on an indicative measure provided above
At times, home buyers take a decision without considering the important criteria of CARPET SPACE, and what the dimensions (in the square foot) translate into.
Happy exploring with awareness of this IMPORTANT element of ‘spaciousness’. As a home buyer in Hyderabad (or elsewhere), you should have the right measure in mind while assessing how spacious the rooms of your 3 BHK (or bigger/smaller) apartment are. Plus, whether or not they meet your immediate and future expectations!
“Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.”– Stephen Covey
To know more about “Reading ‘dimensions’ of a floor plan: a perspective to get a ‘feel of space’ while buying your 3 BHK flat in Hyderabad” Click here!