With a spacious apartment, you have the option of cross-utilizing spaces, and getting more out of your apartment. Bigger is better when it comes to the extent of possibilities you get to ‘split’ your rooms, and to cross-utilize them for multiple purposes. These smart ideas make sense in a post-COVID era, where space ‘inside the home’ is a luxury in itself.
You could split a room into two portions in many ways depending on your need. With more dedicated-spaces in your rooms, you can be creative in having multiple sections within the same ‘floor spaces’ of ‘walls’ and cross-utilize the space for different purposes.
For dividing a room, you don’t need to build a wall or create anything permanent in nature.
Instead, you could go with some quick and easy ways to split a room temporarily. This allows you for flexibility to change as and when you want. For instance, you can separate your living and dining room using a wooden screen or a curtain. Similarly, you can have more privacy for different purposes by creating room dividers. This is helpful for work-from-home or study-from-home study rooms. Even a new furniture arrangement which work well as an alternative as ‘partitions’ or as a ‘divider’.
Smart tricks to divide a room for creating space in your home efficiently.
1. Using a wooden partition-screen
- Installing a wooden screen brings an earthy touch to your room
- It act as a superb room-divider
- A movable wooden screen, sliding door or panel is very flexible and allows for experimentation
- These are excellent for an open kitchen with no separate dining space
2. Effective use of curtains
- Budget-friendly and ideal for separating rooms
- Easy to install and remove
- Trendy designer curtains gives a quick makeover
- Can be used in a bedroom or to split the bathroom
3. Using a cabinet or book-shelf
- A large open bookshelf or a fancy cabinet with décor items kept is a beautiful choice
- Serves the purpose of storage as well as partition
- Can keep artefacts or even indoor plants to create a whiff of freshness
4. Floor to roof panelling
- A creative ways to split a room
- Decorative panels are elegant in enhancing aesthetic appeal of your room
- Economical, and allow free flow of light
- Sleek panels in neutral colour tones make the room look spacious too
5. Use of beaded-curtains
- A beaded-curtain is a quick-fix solution to partition any space
- It is a stylish way to modify living spaces
- Beaded curtains create an easy barrier without blocking views
- Beaded curtains are easy to walk through, and are maintenance-free
6. Installing glass partitions
- Glass partitions are glamorous, and efficiently split the space without blocking natural light flow
- Trendy designs and colours are available
- Are terrific in blocking noise and smell, especially from the kitchen
- Tinted glass or frosted glass styles give you privacy where needed as they block the view
7. Setting-up a counter
- A counter is an innovative way of partitioning a space
- Very helpful in splitting a kitchen and a dining area
- Doubles-up as a beautiful high-rise breakfast counter, besides being a soft barrier
- Helps maintain a great feel of spaciousness without hindering views
8. Innovate with furniture
- A skilful arrangement of furniture can visually separate one room by adding different sections to it
- An L-shaped sofa can be strategically placed to draw a boundary
- It allows free flow of light and air, especially where there is no solid wall separating two areas
- The trick to save money, and get the benefit of MORE SPACE is to think of a furniture that serves the purpose of partition as well
9. Installing blinds
- Stylish blinds effectively mask the views you want hidden or blocked
- They are super easy to assemble and move around
- Add a plush and chic look to your room
- Create a division without fully enclosing the space, thereby maintaining a breezy feel
These tricks are long-lasting ideas that you can use as often as you want, and to the most out of your spaces!
So, take control of your home! Live smart, live free!!
To know more about “5 simple joys of living in a spacious ‘independent floor’3BHK luxury residence”.click here