Everyone loves having a garden and greenery around their house. When you’re in anapartment, the best you can do is have a few indoor plants. However, there are a few pros andcons to owning house plants as listed below:
- Extensive research by NASA has revealed that houseplants can remove up to 87 percent of air toxins in 24 hours.
- Studies have proven that houseplants improve concentration and productivity (by up to 15%), reduce stress levels, and boost your mood.
They help you sleep better:
- According to studies by NASA houseplants not only produce additional oxygen for your room. As anyone with sleep apnea will attest, more oxygen at night is much better for a good night’s rest.
- Plants also reduce the quantities of carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and natural toxins like benzene and formaldehyde, helping you breathe better in general.
Plants are inexpensive way to jazz up even the most boring rooms:
- Plants are an easy and gorgeous way to style up your living space
- You can also have fun with the pots, and display your plants in beautiful ceramic and copper containers
They can be messy:
- Live plants, of course, need soil and regular watering to thrive. This can sometimes lead to the occasional mess if the pot is upset or water spills.
- When selecting somewhere to place them it is especially important to take this into consideration.
Plants aren’t always good for pets:
- If you have cats and dogs around the house, be especially careful what plants you choose. Some varieties of houseplant like azalea, cyclamen and kalanchoe could be extremely dangerous for your furry friends if ingested.
- Do a proper research before purchasing your choice of plants
The right plants:
- Choosing the right plants will help you maintain them.
- There are certain plants which require a lot of sunlight and maintenance and there are few which require the basic care
- Choose wisely!
10 Best indoor plants:
- The Snake plant
- Peace lily
- Lucky bamboo plant
- Chinese Evergreen
- Grape Ivy
- Flamingo flower
- Areca palm
- Money Plant
- Gerbera Daisy