Is it sensible to hire interior designers in India for 2BHK or 3BHK flats?
The answer is a big YES. An interior designer helps your living space into a dream home, and that’s worth it!
What most people do is call a carpenter and seek ideas from them on how to go about. This approach is fraught with risks because anyone other than the interior designer is not professionally qualified or equipped to match your needs with the available spaces.
Plus, interiors go way beyond making cupboards and cabinets.
According to Wikipedia, “Interior design is the art and science of enhancing the interior of a building to achieve a healthier and more aesthetically pleasing environment for the people using the space. An interior designer is someone who plans, researches, coordinates, and manages such enhancement projects. Interior design is a multifaceted profession that includes conceptual development, space planning, site inspections, programming, research, communicating with the stakeholders of a project, construction management, and execution of the design.”
Carpenters vs. Interior designers in India?
Are home buyers really realizing the importance Of interior design?
Yes, the realization is dawning upon the home buyers. No wonder, the Indian interior design market is pegged at more than USD 23 billion per year (i.e. Rs 1,65,000 Crore)…and growing! This will go beyond USD 40 billion by the end of this decade (2030). Cities like Hyderabad are the largest markets for interior design!
This simply means that home buyers are opting for interior designers to create the perfect décor for their dream home.
Homebuyers in India are seeking class and sophistication now!
You have University level programmes being offered in interior design, which is akin to Architecture. The element of ‘creativity’ and ‘functionality’ is fused with expectations and finer elements of life when we talk about ‘interior design’. Can that level of sophistication be achieved by deploying a carpenter?
You have technology-based elements (many software tools, augmented reality, etc.) being used for shaping the interior spaces of various human dwellings. That level of detailing and desired results cannot be achieved by deploying a carpenter or by simply buying products off the shelf!
With this background, let’s explore the reasons and current trends in India…
1. Indian markets are the biggest
- According to Mordor Intelligence, the home interiors market in India is pegged at touching 30 Billion
- The interior design business scope in India remains high with the Indian construction industry poised to grow
- With the Indian economy growing, demand for competent interior design professionals is also increasing
2. Interior designers in India offer great value- ease and functionality blended with aesthetics
- A professional touch is visible when functionality meets aesthetics
3. Home buyers treat their dwelling units as a holy place that’s safe and pleasing
- A change in attitude has also gone a long way for Indian home buyers
- Post pandemic, the desire to have more space and better-utilized spaces have increased
4. Home buyers looking within for requirements and inspiration
- No longer are home buyers looking at western websites alone for what they seek
- The homeowners are now able to ask for what they need
- The interior design need is now reflecting what the heart wants!
5. Exposure of Indians to the global trends
- Global travel and exposure online have also gotten the Indian homeowners to articulate what will suit their unique needs
- Family needs and requirements are taking a centre stage rather than blindly creating visually pleasing interiors
- Functionality blended with culture-specific and lifestyle-driven needs are on the rise
6. People seeking ‘technical’ and ‘aesthetic’ advantages of interior designers in India
- Recognition of what the interior designer can offer is increasing
- People are willing to pay for the long-term output that comes with an interior designer
- They are increasingly being felt as lifestyle enhancers, and worth the money they charge
7. Spaces matching homeowners’ imagination: interior designers’ ability to conceptualize
- interior designers in India come as a whole package of creativity, understanding, and the ability to translate your needs into reality
- Their ability to conceptualize and make it come to life is a rare talent that’s being given its due credit
Overall, hiring an interior designer is a beneficial proposition.
They give ideas to suit your needs and help you with designs that reflect who you are. Give you necessary elements like functionality, space, storage, visual appeal, elegance, statement, and much more!
In fact, they give you design elements that help save money! An interior designer works as per your needs and budget, make things hassle-free for you, help complete work on time, and everything works well for you!
“Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.”– Steve Jobs
To know more about “Facts about ‘false ceiling’ for new home buyers planning on interiors!”.Click here!