Pandemic has set the tone for re-prioritizing a few ‘asks’ out of the definition of a ‘dream home’. Homebuyers in Hyderabad now need efficient floor plans that incorporate ‘work from home’ and ‘study from home’ floor designs.
The priorities also involve apartments complying with social distancing norms, improved sanitization, and designs that are preventive in nature from all kinds of diseases and pollutants.
Homebuyers are now more inclined to choose a 3 BHK apartment, a home that’s ‘pandemic ready’. Homebuyers seek ‘safety, ‘sense of spaciousness’ and ‘better quality of life within the four walls of their dream home!
5 areas that you need to get right while choosing your 3 BHK apartment are discussed here.
1. Not having common walls in your apartment, and better ventilation to ward off stagnant air
- Not having common walls with your neighbours allows you greater privacy, better health, and a safer living experience
- Chances of microbes travelling inside your home through air gets less with the consequent improved-ventilation due to this
- You can have more windows and doors for better cross ventilation, and superior air-conditioning
- Superior ventilation allows the hot/polluted, stagnant air to get flushed out of your home, facilitating fresh air to enter your home
- Simply put- having ;no common walls’ allows you a healthier living
2. Every room to give you more ‘available space’
- Built-up area is usually how the builders talk about their apartments, e.g. 1400 sft apartment is actually the built-up area, and you get only 70% of this area as ‘carpet area’ which translates to 980 sft of actual floor space
- Out of this ‘carpet area’ of 980 sft, the effective area available to set your foot (move freely) is again lesser by 35 to 40%…because of furniture, wardrobes/cabinets, fittings/accessories, kitchen-platforms, and other household items eating into the carpet area
- The home buyer needs to factor in ‘available space’ when the floor-plans and designs are viewed. This is because, as time progresses, you continue adding more and items to your home making it CLUTTERED
- Sometimes, the builders do NOT show the floor plans with needed things like a study table for ‘work from home’ or ‘study at home’ options, This makes the room even more cramped-up and stifling when you try to accommodate a work-station, tables and chairs
- Hence, AVAILABLE SPACE is an important factor, and a 3 BHK unit also needs to have rooms that are adequate to cater to your needs
3. A more efficient and pet-friendly utility room
- With pandemic, the need to be self-sufficient cannot bovver-emphasised
- You need a reasonably spacious utility room upwards of 50 sft to cater to your laundry, drying, washing, storage and pet-related needs
- A small utility room is no longer a good idea, and your end up spending a lot of time washing clothes, ironing them, and to store all the food and beverages for the family
4. A locality that’s NOT heavily populated, and allows for ‘social distancing’
- Clearly, more crowd means more diseases, and closer contact with people in general
- Localities that are still NOT saturated and are less populated give you a better quality of life
5. Gentry, greenery and social infrastructure around your chosen locality for buying a 3 BHK flat
- For a non-polluted and clean air, you must consider a cleaner, interior location
- The other advantage with a cleaner, greener place is that it is usually 2 to 4 Kms away from the main roads, hence would remain pollution, and noise-free for a longer duration
- For example, area adjoining Sainikpuri-Yapral belt is much cleaner than the area which is closer to the main road. These are also cheaper in price, allowing you to buy bigger apartments for the same money
What you need to get right is a fine balance of SPACE and SAFETY for your family.
For a pandemic-ready, safe living, you could do well with a location that is a little away from the main roads. Lesser the traffic and population around your home, the better. Plus, being away from crowded areas, you can actually get more space for the same money!
Having more space available to your family is far more important than living in a smaller home that’s adjoining the high-traffic zone in Hyderabad. After all, good health matters!
To quote Harry J Johnson- “The human body has been designed to resist an infinite number of changes and attacks brought about by its environment. The secret of good health lies in successful adjustment to changing stresses on the body.”
To know more about “3 BHK flats in Hyderabad- Importance of visualizing & analyzing ‘available floor space of your 3 BHK floor plans” Click here