Reasons why 3 bedroom apartments are being preferred by Home buyers in India!
In the post-pandemic era, homeowners are increasingly inclined towards 3 bedroom apartments. Even those who considered a 1 bedroom apartment are willingly stretching their budgets to somehow choose a 3 bedroom apartment.
Even if it means choosing a more affordable location, 3 bedroom apartments are being preferred by home buyers across India.
For instance, if you are getting a 2bhk apartment in the Hi-Tech city area of Hyderabad for Rs 85 lacs, and a 3bhk apartment in Sainikpuri or Yapral, then one is surely tempted for a bigger apartment. In the post-pandemic era, location is no longer the predominant criterion to buy an apartment.
benefits of 3 bedroom apartments
1. Spaciousness is valuable
- After the pandemic, the lockdowns and restricted movement gave a new meaning to space
- After normalcy is returned in 2022, home buyers want more space under their own roof
- Demand for balconies and larger bedroom spaces with work-from-home ready homes has gone-up
- Home buyers want more space for both work and study from home for their children
- A home is no longer being looked at as a transit place to spend the night and get back to routine work outside the house
2. Easier to live for self and expand the family
- It is easier to move into a 3-bedroom apartment that measures over 1400 sft, and feel at ease for both short-term and long-term family goals
- With a 2 bedroom apartment, sometimes homeowners contemplate selling it and buying a 2 bedroom apartment when the children grow. This happens more when you have 2 kids
- For home-owners with two children, the needs of growing children are met with two additional rooms besides the master bedroom
- As the children grow, they seek and need privacy for themselves, be it for studies or entertainment
- With parents coming to live, a 3 bedroom apartment does offer the flexibility to help accommodate your parents when they need their children
3. A 3bhk apartment is easier to rent
- 3 bedrooms are the easiest to rent as they easily accommodate even a large family of 6. For example- one bedroom for the parents, one for 2 boys, and one for 2 girls
- 3 bedrooms also allow you to have an extra room as an office space if you need work-from-home space
- 2 bedroom does not allow the flexibility for guests or office, especially with 2 children
- With 3 bedrooms, the water, electricity, and maintenance also is pretty manageable
4. Takes care of future needs of an expanding family or visiting guests
- 2 bedrooms become difficult when anyone wants to visit your home
- In India, having guests come over is a norm, and you cannot even invite someone if you don’t have a 3rd bedroom (a guest room)
- Plus, when your family is growing, it is easier to manage a family of 4 or 5 with a 3 bedroom apartment
5. Easier to sell with better capital appreciation in the long run
- Post-pandemic, the resale of a 3 bedroom flat will always have a better demand and a higher resale value
- Resale is higher because of more square foot area to sell. A bigger area means more appreciation per square foot as compared to a smaller area
Overall, a small 2 bedroom apartment gives you enough to just live, but a 3 bedroom apartment gives you storage and better quality of life for a long time to come.
This is why regardless of the location, home buyers are looking at more spacious apartments that are closer to nature. An airy and spacious 3bedroom apartment home for the entire family secures good health, happiness, and wellness!
“It’s all about the quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.”– Philip Green
To know more about “Tips For ‘First Time Home Buyers’ Of A 3 BHK Apartment In Hyderabad-Part I” Click here!