Customer-centric home builders in Hyderabad take anti-termite treatment very seriously!
Professional and customer focussed builders in Hyderabad among other cities in India do take anti termite treatment very seriously! They ensure that you don’t have to worry about these white-ants troubling you in your dream home even after decades of buying your dream home. After all, your home belongs to you, and NOT these white-ants!
Hence, as a home buyer, you must check on your builder, be it Hyderabad or elsewhere, about the measures of anti-termite treatment taken! You wouldn’t want your hard-earned money to be eaten away by termites in the long run!!
Termites are more than just a nuisance as they can cause damage and destruction silently.
[Source- https://www.pestworld.org/ ]
1. How do termites look like?
- Termites have six legs, an antennae, and wings
- Termites can be between a quarter to half an inch in length
- Although they seem small, a colony of termites can be destructive
- Their members feast around the clock, and Subterranean termites are known to consume more than 6 Kilograms of wood every week!
- While wood is their preferred meal, a hungry colony of termites can also eat away other things and items at home made from plaster, metal siding, and insulation
[Source- https://www.pestworld.org/ ]
2. What is anti termite treatment?
- Anti termite treatment is actually a soil treatment done at the early stages of a building’s construction. The purpose of anti–termite treatment is make sure that the building gets a solid chemical barrier against these subterranean termites
- These white ants and they are found in tropical and sub–tropical countries including India
- These insects live in a colony. They are very fast at eating wood and other cellulosic materials as food, paper, clothes
- Subterranean termites feed on dead or decaying plant materials, including wood
3. Why is anti termite treatment necessary?
- Termite–proofing is given to a building to prevent the growth of termite
- Subterranean termites live and travel in soil due to the moisture. They enter a home from the ground-level foundation. They create cracks in the foundation of a home, causing significant damage.
- Termite damage to buildings is huge. Wood is a cellulosic materials which termites damage, cellulose forming their basic nutrient, but they can also go after food (non-cellulosic)
- With over 2300 species of termites, about 220 of these termites are found in India
- Formosan termites build nests above the ground. They wreak havoc inside the walls and in wardrobes/cupboards where the wood is moist enough to help them survive
- Moisture based areas of the home attract termites first. This is why most physical damage is caused through the bathrooms
4. Anti termite treatment done ‘during construction’ matters!
- Termite treatment can be done at two stages: (A) Pre–construction stage treatment and (B) post-construction stage
- Pre–construction treatment begins at the initial stage of construction of building Professional builders go the extra mile to undertake 3 operations: (i) site preparation, (ii) soil treatment, and (iii) creation of structural barriers
- By doing so, a builder hands over a building and a home that remains safe and secure from termites for decades to come!
- Post–construction treatment is a maintenance treatment for those buildings which are already under attack of termites. The termites are destroyed by injecting anti–termite through areas infested by them
- It is better that a professional and customer-centric builder ensures pre-construction rigour, and NOT allow a stage where termites get to attack and take-over the building
5. Signs of termite infestation
- Sagging wooden floors
- Cracking of walls/ceilings
- Loose tiles, ceilings sagging and punctured holes in dry walls
- Sticking windows & doors
- Damaged decks or wooden fences
- Loose or damp roof tiles
- Hollow sound of the wooden furniture
- Frass: these are ‘termite droppings’ that look like sawdust
- Mud tubes formation on exterior walls
[Source- https://www.terminix.com/ ]
[Source- safeguardpestcontrol.com.au ]
6. Problems caused by termites
- Widespread structural damage
- Feed on the internal structures, including beams
- Going undetected they can make the home unsafe and unfit to live
2. Financial damage
- If builder is not careful in the early stages of cost, then home owners have to pay two costs- (a) pest control costs, and (b) repairing the physical structures damaged
- Structural repairs can include repairing walls and support beams, replacing the flooring, fixing water damages in walls, and repainting
3. Health risk
- Adverse health effects
- Some species can even bite and sting causing painful wounds although they are not toxic
- Allergies can happen due to destruction created by them as they churns up dust and wood particles into the air causing allergic reactions and asthma attacks
A customer-centric builder takes responsibility of their customer needs with high sense of integrity and character!
“A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.”Mahatma Gandhi
To know more about “Is Your Dream Home Protected By a Rigorous Anti Termite Treatment?”. click here !