What is a hard hat?
A hard hat is a type of helmet mainly used in locations such as industrial or construction sites to protect the head from injury due to falling objects, debris, rain, electric shock etc. There are suspension bands present inside the helmet which spread the helmet’s weight and the force of any impact over the top of the head which in turn keeps your head safe.
Though these are designed for safety, they have a colour code which helps differentiate the responsibilities at the work site. For example, let’s say there is an electrical issue at the site and you require an electrician to immediately fix it. It will be easy to locate him due to the colour of the hard hat.
Lets breakdown the colour of the hard hats:
- White : Managers, Supervisors, Engineers and Foremen
- Blue : Electricians, Carpenters, any technical person other than the civil contracted labour
- Green : Safety and inspection officers
- Red : Firefighters
- Yellow: Labourers and workforce
- Brown : Welders and workers with high heat applications
- Grey : Site Visitors
This should help differentiate the different colours and its reasons!