Tips to create more space in your Indian house! Part 2
This is part II of the article. Please read part I.
Here we are discussing the need for SPACE for Indian families. Storage always seems to run out regardless of how big y the Indian house is!
This puts a premium on storage, and ideas on how to save space. Creating more storage with what you have becomes a task in itself. It is only human to have our families’ needs expanding, and that results in adding more items to the house with each passing month.
With growing kids, the old clothes and items get small, and you need to continually replenish them.
Plus, children have newer demands as they grow. The elders in the family have their needs growing, especially, with increasing income levels. The net result- MORE ITEMS, LESSER SPACE!
However, we sure can manage spaces well with a CONSCIOUS EFFORT and SMART THINKING!
some more options that help create style, space, and storage in your Indian house.
1. Add a modular sofa
- Modular sofas offer more seating options compared with regular chairs and sofas
- These are comfortable, stylish and give you better sizing for your room
- Modular sofas add versatility and can be customized
- The best part about a modular sofa is that it is easy to assemble, and replacing parts is not cumbersome
2. Cooking-platform level high-table in kitchen
- This works well extremely well in the open kitchen, and even in small kitchens which are tight on space
- A high table goes well with stools, and is not only trend, and easy to move, but can also accommodate more people on the go!
- You can even have stools with back-rest, by making sure they are small. This helps to tuck them (push them under the table)
3. Right-sized furniture
Photo by Element5 Digital from Pexels
- Sizing of furniture is a must
- Not to go for impromptu impulse buying of furniture which clogs your spaces
- Be more conscious while buying any furniture that will occupy the floor space
- Always measure the dimensions of your home spaces if you are certain to buy a certain furniture
- Furniture must be right scale so that it fits easily and looks ‘made for the space’
- Do not clutter your living room or bedroom with oversized furniture
4. Use minimalistic, small-sized furniture items
- Once more, light is your design friend, so using light-hued paints will open your house up and reflect light better.
- Going minimalistic is the best mantra for better space utilization
5. Checkout if your home is located near nature and wellness-related spaces/outlet
- Being in the lap of nature is blissful
- Make sure to check if you have public parks, wide roads, tree-lined roads, cafés, and places you can step out to embrace wellness and calm
6. Use the loft or storage spaces in your home to keep RELEVANT items
- It is good to use the spaces like a loft in your home for keeping relevant items like suitcases, materials you will need seasonally
7. Using vertical spaces, building wardrobes and storage right up to the ceiling
- While making wardrobes in your home, do NOT leave any vertical spaces unused
- Extend your wardrobes right up to the ceiling to use-up vertical spaces
- Going vertical means you end up leaving more horizontal spaces available to you
- It’s good to look at every opportunity to have storage or cabinets or even furniture that can be held against the wall
8. Storage created by using nesting tables, and chairs (Stackable furniture)
[Source- https://www.canalside.com.au/ ]
- Stackable furniture means you can keep one table under the other. So, if you have 3 tables, you can stack them one under the other
- Small apartments can actually look bigger when your furniture does DOUBLE DUTY of being used as a furniture item as well as being storage space
- Plus, it is important that your furniture can be moved away or stacked/hidden quickly giving you more space e.g. a 3-in-1 side table in your living room
9. Ottoman storage and floating benches, folding tables in your living, balcony, and other rooms
[Source- https://www.pinterest.com.au/ ]
[Source- https://www.aliexpress.com/ ]
[Source- https://www.etsy.com/au/ ]
- ‘Ottoman storage’ simply means a furniture item with storage capability
- Ottoman storage helps optimize nook and corner of your home
- Storage under the bed, benches, or tables helps you hide and store items that clutter your home, like toys, magazines, newspapers, and other items
- ‘Floating benches’ are a great way to utilize space
- Similarly, you can have floating and folding tables on the wall
These are some of the ways where you can optimize space in the Indian house with ease.
The key is THINKING SMART and being very conscious of optimizing and utilizing space in the Indian house.
To know more about “Indian Home: Tips & Ideas To Create More Space In Your Apartment-Home – Part 1”.Click here!