How to check on the quality of your 3 BHK apartment- 5 tips for ‘standalone building’ home buyers in Hyderabad
Check for the quality of your home is critical, especially, if you are exploring to buy an apartment in a standalone building in Hyderabad.
The key to this exercise is ‘awareness of what goes into the making of an apartment’!
Checking on quality is done with a simple purpose of checking on the veracity of the claims of a builder. You must fall prey to false claims and end up booking an apartment that turns out to be a raw deal as time passes by.
The quality of your home must NOT be skin-deep (superficial), hence, you must prioritize QUALITY over Price, and check on what you are signing up for!
5 simple steps to check on quality of your home ‘standalone building’
- Check existing projects already delivered by the builder, RERA & GHMC approvals
- The best yardstick is to check the existing project where the look and feel talks to you
- Besides, ask around on the quality of materials used by the builder of the previous project
- Check on the possession timelines, and overall feedback by occupants of previous projects
- Possession timelines shows the commitment to promised delivery timelines
- A builder who delivers project on time is surely a big plus on professional-approach
- Feedback of previous project residents is a definite determinant of whether or not to go for the project by the builder you are evaluating
- Check specification on fittings and fixtures, especially sanitary ware, bath & kitchen fittings, paint, UPVC doors/windows, elevators, DG Gen-set, water connections, sewage system, electricity connection etc
- Awareness on the quality of branded materials is a must, else a low-quality, low-brand material also can pass off as looking good
- As a home buyer, you must know what are the most reliable, durable and preferred brands on various fixtures/fitting specific to the different areas of the home like kitchen, bath, laundry, bedroom, dining, drawing/living, store etc.
- Besides interiors, you must know the best in class brands of exterior elements like elevators/lifts
- Knowledge about the brand of electrical circuits, MCB, wiring and switches also helps in determining the quality that comes your way
- Check on brand of materials like cement, plastering used, thickness of walls & structural design
- Quality cement, a professional approach to construction, branded TMT bars, good quality bricks, plastering, thickness of the columns, roof & beams also speaks of the overall robustness of the building
- A well-conceived design adds strength to the building in making it Earthquake resistant
- Check of a qualified architect and structural engineer have been involved at every step of the construction from inception to finishing
- Check on pre-construction rigour like soil-testing report, anti-termite treatment
- Soil quality differs from place to place, even within a certain locality
- The type of construction materials used depend on this. For instance, for a high corrosive soil-type, the builder needs to use high-grade anti-corrosive steel and also engage in treatment of soil where required
- It is good to have a look at the soil test report, and check if the construction is in accordance with the soil-type of the residential plot
- Anti-termite treatment is equally important to protect the building in the long run. So, check if a 5-stage anti-termite treatment has been done right from foundation through the construction phase
The key to checking quality is two things- 1) being conscious about quality, and 2) being knowledgeable about what constitutes quality materials.
As a home buyer in Hyderabad scouting for a standalone building apartment, you need to invest time to equip yourself with ‘what goes in the making of your dream home’.
To quote William A. Foster- “Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
To know more about “Tips on evaluating QUALITY vs. PRICE- a ‘wise approach’ before booking your 3 BHK flat in Hyderabad” Click here