Buying a home is blissful as you get a place that you can call your own. While evaluating home options, every home buyer makes a deliberate decision on what’s works well for them.
Two alternatives that are often evaluated are- buying an apartment in a ‘huge gated community’ versus buying one that’s part of a smaller standalone building.
We need to be sure about our decision before we go for ‘the one’!
The deal is finally sealed after a choice is made between a ‘gated community’ versus ‘standalone building apartment’. The decision is made in terms of the extent of luxury, value-for-money, spaciousness, services, security, and several other factors that a home buyer seeks!
What is a gated community apartment complex?
A gated community apartment complex offers luxurious amenities within an enclosed setting spread across a large land parcel usually spread over acres of land. Residents normally belong to a similar social status, which becomes an important reason for homebuyers to prefer them.
The security system is usually tight with every detail of anyone entering or leaving recorded. The added security provides protection and is an incentive to keep the family safe. CCTV cameras are normally installed in every nook and corner to remain vigilant at all times.
According to Wikipedia a gated community “is a form of the residential community or housing estate containing strictly controlled entrances for pedestrians, bicycles, and automobiles, and are often characterized by a closed perimeter of walls and fences. Similar walls and gates have separated the quarters of some cities for centuries. Gated communities usually consist of small residential streets and include various shared amenities.”
What is a standalone building apartment?
In cities like Hyderabad, ‘standalone building apartments’ are constructed over smaller residential plots admeasuring between 400 square yards to 2000 square yards located in superb locations across Hyderabad- both closer to a place of work or away from it.
These smaller, open plots are usually located in well-established colonies which are preferred by home buyers.
Logically, the home-buyers prefer only locations that are high on social infrastructure, and also offer a peaceful environment a little away from the noise and air pollution.
Example of two formats of ‘standalone building apartments’ depending on budget-
- A standalone building apartment could be a Rs. 65 lakh high-end 3 BHK apartment in a standalone building in a cluster-living environment (where you have 2, 3 or more neighbours on the same floor).
- Alternatively, for a more generous budget, a home buyer could buy a spacious 3 BHK ‘EXCLUSIVE FLOOR’ admeasuring over 2200 sft for anything between Rs 1.3 crore to Rs 2.5 crore, depending on the location and specifications. For instance, an exclusive independent-floor apartment admeasuring 2200 sft in Sainikpuri or Yapral could cost approximately Rs 1.5 crore
How do ‘standalone building apartments’ stack-up against ‘gated community high-rise apartments’ in Hyderabad?
- Smaller standalone buildings are being preferred for undeniable advantages they offer despite not being high on amenities
- A gated community offer more amenities, but they cost more!
- The buyer is required to bear the cost of additional amenities like swimming-pool, gym, clubhouse etc. which they may NOT even use
- In a standalone building, the same additional payout is diverted to buy a more spacious apartment for the same money!
- Gated community apartments in Hyderabad are usually located in far-flung areas. These high-rise apartments are usually far away shopping hubs of that locality. The social infrastructure in and around high-rise gated communities is not well developed.
- Even if the gated community are located in very well developed areas like Madhapur, these apartments are usually more expensive than their standalone building counterparts
- Standalone buildings are not only much more affordable regardless of where they are located. They allow much greater all-round flexibility to home buyers seeking multiple advantages, comfort and conveniences
10 undeniable benefits of a ‘standalone building apartment’
- Time to possession is shorter because these are usually 5-storey apartments in low-density residential areas. They can be easily constructed and handed-over within 15 to 18 months from launch date
- The standalone building comes-up in front of your eyes, and you can watch the construction progress personally
- Location advantage along with access to a well-developed social infrastructure
- Locations are normally more peaceful, serene, green and safe environments in residential colonies where these apartments come-up
- Customization is possible as builders are more flexible to suit you specific preferences
- Specifications and luxury element can be same or sometimes even better than gated-community apartments. This is especially true for apartments where you own the entire floor- ‘One Floor, One Apartment Residences’!
- Sense of privacy is more, and lesser human movement since the number of visitors are much lesser
- The security can in fact be more tight compared to gated-community apartment with CCTV cover, and security-guards managed by professional agencies
- Easy access to markets close-by owing to better social infrastructure
- A true value-for-money option since you do NOT pay for unnecessary amenities that are offered in gated community apartments
The decision of a home-buyer depends on what they seek!
The ‘standalone building segment’ is definitely a lucrative and a very sensible alternative to the ‘gated-community segment’!!
To know more about “Buying a 3 BHK flat in Hyderabad? Get the most out of your home!” Click here