Open kitchen partition ideas for home buyers
An open kitchen looks gorgeous! People around the globe are falling in love with open spaces, fewer walls…and the utility open kitchen spaces offer.
For optimum utility and aesthetics, one aspect that is important is the ‘demarcation’ of spaces using partitions in our open kitchen. While the open kitchen gives you more space with fewer walls, a good demarcation (partition) helps de-clutter and add beauty to the spaces around your open kitchen.
A well-partitioned open looks new age, informal and remains high on social connect. The partition needs to speak of your personality, and gel well with the spatial dynamics of your home. A well thought partition needs to complement with the layout of your home.
A well- crafted partition can add the right vibes to your living spaces. A partition can actually make the different zones seem truly beautiful and ravishingly surreal. It also lends expression to how you live, work, entertain and pamper yourself and your guests in the confines of your home! With the right approach, you can experience a sense of great aesthetics and liveliness about your open kitchen.
A good partition allows you to balance between utility and aesthetics and allows you to blend your moods with how you define your personal spaces.
In this article we shall discuss how some great partition ideas allow you to enhance the spaciousness with lovely partition ideas:
Why do we need a partition in an open kitchen?
Despite offering open spaces, more light, a sense of flow and terrific garden views we desire, we find it to be difficult organizing the spaces into distinct zones.
- A partition gives a sense of direction
- We would still want some clarity and clear sense of demarcation on what comprises the ‘kitchen’ zone, the ‘dining’ zone and the ‘living zone’.
- Sharing all the zone without this subtle sense of clarity. Let’s look beyond glass partitions, and make division of the big room simpler.
- All this needs to happen without suffocating on the spaciousness and without putting an eclipse on light or denting the open feel.
- We could use design elements that are decorative. The partitions could be full height, mid-height or low-height. These could take the shape of a frame, or blocks, transparent, transparent or translucent materials to serve the purpose you want it to serve. Create the environment you want to by creating your preferred partitions in your open kitchen
- You can use various textures, materials, and sizes to make your open kitchen more stunning
- It also gives you a sense just the right amount of privacy while hosting parties, events, lunches and dinners
Wood and Wallpaper modern kitchen separator
- This is possible by creating a wooden island or frame, along with wall paper of contrasting colours to make the separation between the kitchen area and the rest
- A wooden deck or corner table island along with a running patch of wall paper creates a beautiful demarcation instantly
- This wooden partition could even be a simple partition with vertical wooden bars/planks without any storage. It depends on how heavy or minimalistic you want to be on your design element
- The partition could be a blend of wall paper, glass, wood or laminated material to give the same sense of demarcation
The Go-Minimal kitchen partition design
- This kitchen partition requires a countertop, a breakfast island and a frame to make your open kitchen well-demarcated. Being minimalistic, is superb both structurally and functionally. It could be created with a host of materials including wood, glass, tiles, wall-papers or any other creative combination
Decorative stand kitchen partition separator
- This kitchen design is meant to ooze glam and elegance. The stand could be a simple one, or a little more heavy with cabins and storage spaces inbuilt
- It creates both a storage area, as well as place to display whatever you want your guests and family to focus on
- One can choose any metal or fibre to create the magic with a decorative space for your curios, plants, crystal ware, bottles, candle stand etc. to divert the attention of those looking towards the kitchen
- It is an appealing and smart way to hide or camouflage the clutter, especially after a party or dining event
- Besides getting your creativity quotient up by a notch, it is also a smart way to get some added privacy for yourself, while you are still participating in all the fun happening outside of the kitchen zone
Bohemian kitchen partition design
- You can create a Bohemian theme with lush green indoor plants. The elegant, eye-catching, simple yet sophisticated patterns are a visual treat. Besides adding more space to your open kitchen, they are inviting with an open-arm feel. Plus, this partition meshes well with your kitchen triangle, and allows you to work efficiently and effectively
- The core of Bohemian theme is that it’s personal and relaxed, and meant only for your own enjoyment. The design elements of a Bohemian design lack structure, and are made up of carefree layers of patterns, textures and colours that you as the home owner like
- A Bohemian design essentially means that it has your signature on it
Glass kitchen partition design
- Get an extraordinary look with glass partitions
- The sense of spaciousness gets enhanced with glass as it allows bountiful natural light to flow in, and reflect
- A glass beautifully ensconced in a metallic or wooded frame partition creates an an old-world charm and adds an imperial look to your open kitchen
- A glass partition is an ageless, timeless piece of art that adds to the aesthetics of your open kitchen and home in general
Go-simple partition design
- Simple is indeed beautiful!
- This is a minimalistic approach that exudes elegance, functionality and spaciousness, all rolled into one
- The appeal of a no-frills open kitchen with the charm of a natural beauty
- This kitchen partition design constitutes a simple, wooden framed countertop structure that serves both as a dining area as well as provides you with the demarcation
- An simple yet gorgeous design that truly complements a modern home
Pure wooden partition
- This could be done by using only separators partitions made of pure wood or creating separating design units
- The pure wood standing partitions give you more flexibility to move them around. You could even remove them when required
- Else, you could use wooden blocks to create the perforated look and feel that classic and elegant
Partition with breakfast counter
- This is a simple concept of an island table that is also meant for meals
- High on utility and elegance
- The tall height chairs give a stunning look to the table cum partition
- This is suitable for those who want flexibility of partition being removed or erected on the go
- Ideal when you want to cover-up the kitchen area while cooking or after the meal is done, and the kitchen is in a clutter
- It also allows you to participate or cordon-off the kitchen area as per your convenience
- This can take the form of folding doors or panels
Mesh (Jaali) partition
- These mesh like structures could be both movable or fixed depending on the design
- They too give unmatched flexibility to demarcate the areas between kitchen and dining/living with minimal effort
- They look good and add a touch of glam to the interior of your open kitchen spaces
The open kitchen can be experimented with in many ways to create an impression! It bears your unique signature, and with ideas ranging from minimalistic to highly exploratory, sky is the limit to brighten-up your living spaces with a persona that is distinctively ‘YOU’!
One way to make that happen is to use an array of partitions between your open kitchen and the adjoining zones. A perfect blend of aesthetics, utility and spaciousness can be created with your unique requirements in mind!
To know more about open kitchen designs, experiments and ideas click here