So you’ve decided to invest in land but have no clear idea what is required or how to go about it? Here are a few pointers that will help you select the right plot. 1. Checklist for selecting the plot Shortlist Agents, Consultants and Brokers. Opt for an even..
Here are a few pointers that will help you select the right plot.
1. Checklist for selecting the plot
- Shortlist Agents, Consultants and Brokers.
- Opt for an even land.
- Ensure plot dimensions suit the required type of construction.
- Check if the plot is Vastu compliant.
- Check if the width of the roads around the plot are as per GHMC norms (30 ft width).
- Scan the area to get details on the ground water and general info on the locality
- Conduct a soil test to check the soil bearing capacity.
- Prepare a topographical map of the area with important landmarks.
- Select the plot.
You have shortlisted the plot and can’t wait to purchase the same and start construction. But before that, you need to get all your documents ready and check the legal status of the land.
2. Ensuring legal compliance
- Obtain all relevant documents:
- Sale deed
- Link documents of the last 30 years
- Copy of approved GHMC Layout/ LRS proceedings (in case of gram panchayat approved property)
- Land use certificate from GHMC certifying the plot is in a residential area
- Non encumbrance certificate
- Market value certificate
- Two independent legal opinions from reputed / empaneled advocates
- Cross check the land details with GHMC Registration department
- Check for pending cases on the land
- Check the prohibited list.
- Check for ULC.
Now, go ahead and build your dream home without any hassles and hindrances with the land.