After interviewing many potential home buyers of spacious 3bhk one apartment per floor homes over the last year. Given below are factors that homebuyers expect from their spacious apartments. With a willingness to spend more, home buyers ask for more. This is why the 3BHK ONE APARTMENT PER FLOOR units are now receiving a lot of attention from homebuyers in Hyderabad.
Is buying a more spacious home a new-found priority now?
We targeted speaking with people who could comfortably stretch up to a budget of Rs 1.5 crore to buy an ‘independent floor’. The objective was to find out what motivates this segment of home buyers who are willing to spend more and yet did NOT want to go for a regular cluster-apartment format. By cluster-apartment format, we mean apartments where you have 2, 3, or more units on a single floor. Simply put, you have many neighbors on the floor you live in.
However, the ‘independent floor units’ are big apartments where you OWN THE ENTIRE FLOOR, and you have NO neighbors on the same floor.
During our interaction, we realized that post-COVID, many home buyers with a budget of up to Rs 1.5 crore were considering OWNING A BIGGER HOME upwards of 2200 square feet. Plus, these home buyers want a low-population density locality. Those who could afford a Rs 1.5 crore residence wanted something more!
For instance, in Yapral, Sainikpuri locality, you find many such ‘independent floor’ spacious as well as luxurious 3BHK options (upwards of 2200 sft) within a very reasonable price range of Rs 1.5 crore.
The list of expectations from an ‘exclusive floor apartment’ comprise of:
- a good location in a low-density area with access to reliable social infrastructure
- more space, more privacy, and relevant amenities even if price-point is higher than regular apartments
- superior ventilation, more natural light, pandemic-ready architecture that is Vastu compliant
- exclusive spaces for fitness, and socialize
- lesser visitor influx, and sense of exclusivity with lesser number of families residing in a building
- direct access to spacious lifts being used by very few people
- work-from-home and study-from-home spaces inside the apartment
- higher social status and upgraded lifestyle
- return on investment by owning a property
Clearly, the pandemic has certainly changed home buyers’ expectations leaning towards MORE SPACIOUSNESS and MORE PRIVACY.
In this article, excerpts of one interview are mentioned below which highlights this change in expectations.
Views shared by home-buyer of a ‘3bhk one apartment per floor’ home: Mr. B. Ramesh, IT industry, Age: 37years
“We are currently living in Kukatpally in a rented 3 BHK independent house. With work from home, we now want to have a house that gives me utmost privacy. With my wife and two children, it is becoming difficult to be inside the house throughout the day.
After lockdown, we realized that children have to study from home. Both my wife and I work from home.
So, the ‘independent floor’ option works for us if we were to buy a home. We can get an apartment which is big, and also has lots of privacy. Unnecessary contact with the world can be cut down completely!
With this background, we are looking at:
- A good spacious 3bhk plus study-cum-office room that’s about 2200 sft area that costs about between Rs 1.3 to 1.5 crore
- Lots of sunlight and ventilation with greenery around us
- A big master bedroom that can convert into work-from-home space
- Elevator access to our apartment and spacious parking
- Power back-up provision for a superior lifestyle
- High-end specifications in every square-inch of the building and inside the flat
- All these needs are met only by a ‘one apartment per floor’ home”
This interview alone gives us a clear picture of the changing needs of homebuyers who seek a sense of spaciousness, greater social connect, a superior lifestyle quotient, and discernible luxury for their family!
To quote Candace Cameron Bure- “The memories we make with our family is everything”.