12 things to check on a ‘standalone building’ apartment in Hyderabad before booking your 3 BHK unit- a perspective for home buyers!
Hyderabad is a city where more than gated community apartments, you have many projects that come up on small plots measuring between 400 square yards to 1500 square yards. These are ‘Standalone building’ projects and need to be executed professionally for long-term sturdiness and safety.
There are many elements that we, like home buyers, need to be aware of while evaluating our 3 BHK apartments in a standalone building.
The objective is to be SURE OF QUALITY, and the long-term sturdiness of your 3 BHK apartment.
Specific ‘elements to check’ on your standalone building 3 BHK apartment
The best is to check existing projects of the builder and to ‘ask’ for the kind of construction rigor that has been implemented in the existing (previous projects). It is a good idea to visit the previous projects and witness the quality of craftsmanship and construction by the builder you are evaluating.
1. SOIL TESTING
- Building must be made based on the type of soil, and the construction material like TMT bar, strength of the concrete, and the type of chemical treatment to be done in the foundation level is based on the ‘type of soil’. For example, is the soil is having high acidity, then TMT bar needs to be of a higher grade with anti-corrosive qualities
- To check if Soil testing (pre-construction rigour) has been followed by the builder– what kind of ‘footings’ are given at extra depth to ensure optimal structural stability
2. ANTI-TERMITE TREATMENT
- Check if Anti-termite treatment done or not, to secure customers’ health and the buildings’ safety & strength
3. VENTILATION PROVISION
- secure elements like better ventilation, privacy
4. SPIRIT OF VASTU, WITHOUT BEING OVER-OBSSESSED WITH VASTU TENETS
- Check for ‘ventilation, and sunlight’ the most important elements of Vastu
5. ELEVATORS/LIFTS- Spacious & branded
- Check if safe, high-quality Branded lifts are being provided for a superior living and a seamless movement experience
6. CRITICAL AMENITIES like CCTV, WATER CONNECTION
- Options like CCTV surveillance, water connection, presence of alternatives like a Borewell
7. PROCESS of CONSTRUCTION RIGOUR & QUALITY
- To check whether ‘best-in-class’ processes, construction-materials and sanitary/electrical fittings are being used by the builder
- Branded construction materials enhance functionality, durability and aesthetics
8. FITTINGS & FIXTURES IN BATHROOM, KITCHEN, PANTRY
- Check if premium quality of Electricals, Sanitary fittings/fixtures, plumbing, UPVC 3-rail shutters are being used
- Check which brand of Chrome-Plated fittings and Sanitary fixtures are being offered by the builder from a reputed manufacturer
- Electrical fittings: Check if branded Fire-retardant copper wiring, Distribution boards & MCBs, modular electrical switches are being offered
9. DIESEL GENERATOR
- Power back-up of adequate load-capacity by branded companies (acoustics enclosed) for adequate Power back-up for common areas
10. DOORS & WINDOWS
- Check what the Main and internal door is made of…whether Teak wood frame and shutter or other options like engineered shutter with veneer finish
- Windows: check if a good branded UPVC sliding windows with glass-panelled shutters are being provided
- Check if the External painting is weather-proof, and the Internal painting is done with acrylic emulsion of reputed make
- Check if the Rooms & balconies have good quality, high-grade vitrified tiles or stones; bathrooms & wash-areas are good tiles
- Check how the Corridors and common areas are made, their ventilation, flooring and source of light. Also, whether or NOT they are conforming to ‘social distancing’ norms, and are anti-skid for safety
Besides all these, ensure that the parking is adequate, and besides elevators, you have spacious and well-designed stairs to enter and exit the building. Of course, one must buy only those standalone building apartments that are RERA and GHMC approved.
Another critical element to check is- ‘how soon the past projects have been completed and delivered’. TIME POSSESSION is one of the most important elements and a hallmark of a professional builder of standalone building apartments.
However, the quality of the specifications must be checked before you commit to buying your 3 BHK apartment in a standalone building.
With a bit of knowledge, you can check and make a sound judgment before you book your dream home! Once you are assured of the elements cited above, you and your family can live happily with complete peace of mind.
To quote Wendy Wunder- “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.”
To know more about “6 compelling reasons to go for a 3BHK flat in Hyderabad” Click here